If you are looking for a thin and light notebook PC with good performance and features, check out the new Lenovo ThinkPad T400s. Weighing 1.77kg, the T400s sports a 14.1-inch LED screen and boasts nearly six hours of battery life.
SINGAPORE – July 22, 2009: Lenovo today announced the ThinkPad T400s laptop, created to give business users a thin and light yet powerful, feature-packed PC.
Designed for Thin and Light
Inspired by Lenovo’s thinnest and lightest full-function laptop, the featherweight ThinkPad X300, Lenovo engineered its latest laptop, the ThinkPad T400s, to be super-slim at just 0.83 inches thin and ultra-light at 1.77kg. The laptop achieves its skinny frame thanks to the thin 14.1-inch LED screen, solid state drive storage and the second generation Top Cover Roll Cage, which Lenovo first introduced in the ThinkPad X300 laptop. The roll cage’s monocoque carbon reinforced fiber, also used in bicycle frames and airplanes, helps keep the laptop extremely light yet surprisingly sturdy. With this design the laptop weighs nearly 20 percent less than its ThinkPad T400 predecessor, also making it much thinner and lighter than the Dell E6400 and HP 6930P laptops.
Loaded for Performance
The laptop comes with:
– Choices of Intel® 2.53 GHz Core™2Duo processors (standard voltage) and graphics
– Choices of solid state drive storage up to 128 GB or 250 GB hard drive storage
– 9.5 mm slim DVD burner or Blu-Ray player
– Ethernet, WiFi and optional WiMAX3, WWAN,3 Bluetooth and ultrawideband connectivity
– 34mm Express Card slot or 5-in-1 multimedia card reader
– Support for Lenovo’s ConstantConnect and Protect technology that allows users to maximize integration of their BlackBerry smartphone and ThinkPad laptop
– Nearly six hours of battery life
– Supports up to two monitors via a Display Port and VGA connector
– Meets the Energy Star 5.0 criteria for energy efficiency
– Built-in USB/eSATA port
Lenovo is also introducing three new options for ThinkPad T400s laptop users who want to expand their work space by connecting to other peripherals such as mice and keyboards, printers and monitors. The ThinkPad Port Replicator Series 3, ThinkPad Mini-Dock Series 3 and ThinkPad Mini Dock Plus 3 feature new slim and sleek footprints, provide one-step “rip and go” docking and include a range of multi-monitor support while meeting a variety of needs including support for USB, Display Port and eSATA.
Pricing and Availability
The ThinkPad T400s laptop is available beginning immediately through Lenovo business partners and http://www.lenovo.com/. The ThinkPad T400s retails at S$3,199. The ThinkPad Port Replicator Series 3, Mini Dock Series 3 and Mini Dock Plus Series 3 will be available immediately and start at S$158, S$233 and S$233 respectively.
The ThinkPad T400s is available at Lenovo Exclusive Stores and preferred retailers in Funan DigitaLife Mall, Sim Lim Square and other locations. Please refer to this link for the contact details of the Lenovo Exclusive Stores and preferred retailers – http://www-07.ibm.com/lenovoinfo/bp/sg/index.html