HyperX today announced the launch of its newest gaming headset, dubbed the Cloud Revolver S. The key highlight of this new headset is that is comes with plug-and-play Dolby 7.1 surround sound.
The Dolby Headphone technology has actually been built into a USB dongle that lets gamers enjoy surround sound at the touch of a button. Thanks to the versatile Plug N Play USB sound card, gamers will be able to enjoy Dolby Surround 7.1 sound on their PC, PS4 or PS4 Pro.
Aimed at professional gamers and eSports teams, the premium headset comes with multi-platform support, 50mm drivers and a noise-cancelling microphone. Gamer-focused features include three pre-set equalizer settings, independent volume and microphone mute buttons, and a backlit LED to check active modes.
In terms of design, the headset boasts a wider headband and features HyperX Signature Memory Foam that allows it to be comfortable during long gaming sessions. The matte black finish should help keep fingerprints away, although fans of glossy black finishes may not quite happy.
The HyperX Cloud Revolver S is now available for purchase worldwide through the company’s network of retail and e-tail outlets. It comes with a two year limited warranty.
- Driver: Dynamic, 50mm with neodymium magnets
- Type: Circumaural, Closed back
- Frequency response: 12Hz-28,000 Hz
- Impedance: 30 Ω
- Sound pressure level: 100.5dBSPL/mW at 1kHz
- T.H.D.: < 2%
- Input power: Rated 30mW, Maximum 500mW
- Weight: 360g
- Weight with mic: 376g
- Headset: 1m
- Audio Control Box: 2.2m
- PC extension cable: 2m
- Headset: 3.5mm plug (4 pole)
- Audio Control Box: USB
- PC extension cable: 3.5mm stereo and mic plugs
- Element: Electret condenser microphone
- Polar pattern: Bi-directional, Noise-canceling
- Frequency response: 50Hz-18,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: -44dBV (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)