Xiaomi announced the local availability of the Mi MIX 2 earlier today as the follow up to the flagship Mi MIX smartphone released last year.
Like the original Mi MIX, the Mi MIX 2 features an edge-to-edge screen concept, with a 6-inch screen in a body that is 11.9% smaller. The display has a resolution of 2160 x 1080, which is slightly lower than flagship models from Samsung and LG, but at 403PPI, one would be hard pressed to see any difference.
Xiaomi has also done away with last year’s ‘piezoelectric speaker’ hidden under the screen, opting instead for a more traditional speaker with a slit at the top edge of the phone.
Key features of the phone include:
- 5.99-inch, 2160 x 1080 (18:9) display
- Curved ceramic body with aluminium alloy frame
- Rear fingerprint sensor
- 12-megapixel rear camera with optical image stabilization, 5-megapixel front camera
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- 3400mAh battery, USB-C charging port with support for Qualcomm QuickCharge 3.0
- Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, Global NFC Support
- MIUI 9, based on Android 7.1 Nougat
The Mi MIX 2 will be available in Singapore with 6GB RAM and 64GB storage for SGD699. Pre-orders start today on Lazada, with the phone in Xiaomi’s Mi Stores and Challenger outlets from 15th December onwards. As of now, there is no news of carrier availability.
Stay tuned to an in-depth review here on VR Zone!