Canon has recently announced two new members in their popular PowerShot series of digital cameras – the PowerShot S100 and SX40. Both cameras incorporate the latest DIGIC 5 image processor that provides enhanced resolution and fast shooting speeds to photographer enthusiasts.
Canon has announced the feature-packed PowerShot S100 and PowerShot SX40 HS, which comes equipped with the new DIGIC 5 image processor for superb performance and shooting speed. Both cameras also feature HS SYSTEM, Full HD video capture, High-speed Burst HQ and Intelligent IS for clearer smoother images.
The Canon PowerShot S100, successor to the hugely received PowerShot S95, has improved features such as 4-120mm wide angle lens with 5x optical zoom, GPS functionality and is capable of achieving improved low-light performance of up to ISO 6400, and comes with a 12.1-megapixel CMOS image sensor.
Available in either black or silver, the estimated selling price of the Canon PowerShot S100 is US$429.99 and is scheduled to be available in early November.
Some features of this camera:-
– 3-inch wide LCD screen for easy viewing of images and menu options.
– GPS capabilities where satellites collect data of the latitude, longitude and altitude of an image's location, which is then stored to the image's EXIF data. Map utility software is included with the camera to view the locations where images were captured.
– A full range of shooting and recording modes including RAW + JPEG and a control ring on the front of the camera for quick, manual adjustment of key functions such as ISO, zoom and focus.
– compatibility with the HF-DC2 High-Power Flash, which is an optional flash accessory that operates wirelessly and increases the effective flash range up to approximately 9 metres.
The Canon PowerShot SX40 HS is the camera you need to ensure high quality images, be it shooting at a football game or at the local zoo.
Some features of the include:
– 35x optical zoom range (24mm-840mm) with image stabilizer and a 12.1-megapixel CMOS image sensor; the camera can capture low-light images of enhanced image quality up to ISO 3200.
– 2.7-inch wide vari-angle LCD for easy viewing of images and menus from almost any angle.
– Improved Smart AUTO settings to ensure the settings are intelligently selected based upon the cameras 32 predefined shooting situations.
– Zoom Framing Assist button helps the user steady the camera when tracking a moving subject at extreme telephoto settings keeping it in focus.
The estimated selling price of the PowerShot SX40 HS Digital camera is US$429.99 and is scheduled to be available in late September.
Source: Canon USA